Your Domain Name Disclaimer: I received a pair of Adidas Ultra Boost X shoes as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
buy gabapentin 300mg I’m not going to lie, I was super excited to test the Adidas Ultra Boost X! I usually like a low to zero drop (the difference between the heel and forefoot heights in the shoes) shoe but the Ultra Boost X were so different and might have helped me with my speed work.
discover this info here First, these are unlike anything I’ve ever felt on my feet. These shoes are very light, a size 7 weighs just 8.3 ounces! The arch of the shoe is not attached to the sole, so the shoe fits more like a sock. This was a little off putting a first- my feet did fall asleep the first few times I took them for a run. But after I got used to them my feet felt great and I did not have any shin or knee pain.
I primarily wore the Ultra Boost X for my weekly speed workouts and for short runs. I prefer very cushioned shoes for more than 5 miles. The great part about the the Ultra Boost X was that I felt great running sprints because of the Boost sole that is super responsive. I will definitely wear these for 5ks.
A few more things I love about the Adidas Ultra Boost X are:
- The sock-like feel of the supper and arch, it made me feel like I was running in a support shoe not a neutral shoe.
- The colors- the orange and black are fun and fashionable.
- The Continental Tire tread- they don’t squeak on plastic floors when they get wet and I had no trouble at all running on different surfaces with them.
- The toebox- when I first got them I thought they would seem super narrow but because of the knit upper my toes have plenty of room.
I did have a few dislikes:
- The shoelaces- they are too long, no matter which way I laced them they would still untie or flop around.
- The price- I want to get another pair of them once these ones wear our but they are listed for $180, much more than my other shoes.
Overall, I really love the Adidas Ultra Boost X! They are great for speedwork and for my future 5k races. If you want to give them a try yourself- can buy them here, through Dick’s Sporting Goods.